Idaho Division of Human Resources Technical Records Specialist 2 in Boise, Idaho
The*Human Rights Commission* is an independent agency housed within the Idaho Department of Labor.
To learn more about the Human Rights Commission, please visit the website at**http://humanrights.idaho.gov/
The Human Rights Commission is looking for someone with a strong personal commitment to human rights. Successful staff members enjoy working with a wide variety of people, identifying key facts, and coordinating with investigators to resolve civil rights disputes. They exercise good organizational and communication skills, are able to meet key deadlines, and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
*While this announcement may be used to fill both regular and bilingual openings, _the ability to speak, read, and write more than one language fluently is strongly desired. _ Preference _may be given_ to those applicants who speak more than one language fluently (see question #13 on the exam).* ****
This announcement will be used to fill the current opening in Boise only. *Previous applications will not be accepted for this position. If you have applied previously, you will need to reapply under this announcement.*
In addition to the minimum requirements, some positions may require the ability to conduct sensitive fact - finding interviews (see question 14 on Part 1 of the exam). RESPONSIBILITIES:
- *Perform complex and difficult program support functions for multiple or highly specialized programs, including unemployment insurance tax, unemployment insurance overpayment and wage & hour; *
- Engage in collections of receivables using telephone and correspondence;
- Problem solving and negotiation skills with authority to act on decisions made, including establishing payment plans and issuing liens and garnishments;
- Serve *as a program expert; and provide guidance and assistance regarding complex program rules and regulations to office staff and external customers;*
- Frequent contact with internal and external customers, which requires good public relation skills;
- Function with considerable independence and exercise discretion in applying policies and procedures;
Extensive knowledge of department programs and objectives. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Monitoring record systems to identify and correct errors;
- Interpreting, explaining, and applying laws, regulations, and complex policies for multiple or highly specialized programs;
- Analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues;
- Dealing with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in stressful situations;
- Composing and proofreading business correspondence;
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system.
Part 1 - Minimum Qualifications (Pass/Fail). Part 2 - Multiple-Choice Written Exam (100%). If you meet the minimum qualifications as shown in Part 1, you will receive a Pass score and can then take Part 2 (the online written examination). You must receive a Pass on Part 1 and a minimum score of 60 on Part 2 in order to be put on the register for these positions. Both Part 1 and Part 2 must be completed by the closing date of this announcement. Notification of your test results will be available online once you have completed each part of the exam.
To preview the minimum qualifications screening exam (Part 1), click on the "" link below (you will not be able to answer the questions from this screen). If you wish to proceed, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
The multiple-choice written examination (Part 2) for this position can only be taken once every three months. Once you apply and take the exam, you can reapply when your score expires. At that time you will need to retake the written examination.
This is a timed exam. You will have 60 minutes to complete this exam. It is recommended that you do not start this exam if there is a chance you will be interrupted. Once you hit the start exam button, your time will continue to count down until your 60 minutes is up. If you do not complete the exam within the 60 minutes, you will have to wait until your three months is up before you can take the exam again.
TO PREVIEW THE EXAMINATION click on below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam, click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided.
HOWTO APPLY: Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist, the minimum qualifications screening exam (Part 1), and the online multiple-choice written exam (Part 2) for this position.
If you are interested in the current opening, please select: Department of Labor under "Agencies"; Full-Timeemployment under "Job Type/Shift"; and Boise under "Cities". Without this information your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
Open for Recruitment: March 14, 2018 - March 26, 2018
Announcement #: 01103049687
Salary Range: $14.07 - $20.11 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!