Idaho Division of Human Resources Technical Records Specialist 1 in Boise, Idaho
The Idaho State Tax Commission is recruiting for a Technical Records Specialist 1 in Central Collection's Support Services Unit
This announcement may be used to fill current or future full-time, promotional and part-time temporary openings in the Idaho State Tax Commission's Collection Division.
- Gather information, make decisions, resolve problems, and respond to inquiries
- Utilize independent judgment and discretion as to the methods, policies, and procedures used to complete assignments
- Conduct involved searches, which may require accessing and selecting multiple information sources or contact with taxpayers, vendors, or outside sources to obtain information
- Perform specialized support work that involves an extensive in-depth knowledge of the program
- Review, evaluate, correct, and process records, payments and/or documents
- Interpret or determine compliance with tax rules, regulations, statutes, and/or program policies and procedures
- Interpret, explain requirements, processes, and procedures to others, internal and external
- Access, maintain and update manual and/or computerized records systems and develop reports
- May make and receive phone calls to and from delinquent taxpayers
- Some positions perform routine bookkeeping functions
- Monitoring a records system to identify and correct errors
- Researching a variety of sources to resolve problems
- Interpreting, explaining and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system
All candidates being considered for employment with the Idaho state Tax Commission must successfully complete a comprehensive background check, including fingerprinting, before a final job offer will be given. Individuals must be a current tax filer and be in full compliance with their tax obligations to be an employee of the Idaho State Tax Commission.
*If you applied under any other previous announcement and wish to be considered for this position with the Tax Commission, you must re-apply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used. *
*Part 1 -* Minimum Qualifications (Pass/Fail).**
Part 2 - Multiple-Choice Written Exam (100%). If you meet the minimum qualifications as shown in Part 1, you will receive a Pass score and you can then take Part 2 (the online written examination). You must receive a Pass on Part 1 and a minimum score of 60 on Part 2 in order to be put on the register for a position. Both Part 1 and Part 2 must be completed by the closing date of this announcement. Notification of your test results will be available online once you have completed each part of the exam.
To preview the minimum qualifications screening exam (Part 1), click on the "" link below (you will not be able to answer the questions from this screen). If you wish to proceed, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
The multiple-choice written examination (Part 2) for this position can only be taken once every three months. Once you apply and take the exam, you can reapply when your score expires. If you have taken this exam within the previous 3 months, your score will be applied accordingly after completing Part 1 under this announcement.
This is a timed exam. You will have 60 minutes to complete this exam. It is recommended that you do not start this exam if there is a chance you will be interrupted. Once you hit the start exam button, your time will continue to count down until your 60 minutes is up. If you do not complete the exam within the 60 minutes, you will have to wait until your three months is up before you can take the exam again.
*View Sample Written Exam Questions*
*How to Apply:*
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist, the minimum qualifications screening exam (Part 1), and the online multiple-choice written exam (Part 2) for this position.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Idaho State Tax Commission under "Agencies"
- Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boiseunder "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you are encouraged to complete/update all items in the Application Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type. Without this information your name may not be referred to the hiring Agency.
The Idaho State Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran's preference is given to qualified candidates
Open for Recruitment: April 17, 2018 - May 1, 2018
Announcement #: 01104068111
Salary Range: $12.05 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!