Idaho Division of Human Resources Securities Supervising Investigator in Boise, Idaho
The Idaho Department of Finance is seeking a
Financial Examiner / Investigator 4
...Are you interested in a challenging state career?
...Do you enjoy travel and securities investigation work?
…Do you have experience as a supervisor?
Consider applying for this career opportunity!
The Idaho Department of Finance is looking for a Securities Supervising Investigator to join our team.
The Department of Finance is located in downtown Boise with free parking.
The Financial Examiner/Investigator 4 will supervise, plan, direct and conduct financial fraud investigations on behalf of the Securities Bureau, as well as oversee the licensing and examination of money transmitters and endowment care cemeteries. These investigations may include the examination and investigation of licensed financial service industry participants (independent escrow companies, broker-dealer firms, investment advisory firms, money transmitters, and endowment care cemeteries), as well as individuals and entities that are not otherwise licensed with the Department; and perform related work.
Under normal circumstances, this position may require overnight travel up to 35% of the time, both in and out of state, to attend training conferences and conduct and/or supervise examinations of financial service providers. Selected applicant must pass a credit, education and criminal background check prior to appointment.
- Examinations / Investigations.
- Supervises and coordinates staff activities, delegates assignments, and evaluates performance.
- Schedules examinations/investigations; develops and implements examination, including licensing, and investigative procedures.
- Reviews or prepares correspondence, examination or investigative reports, and other work papers.
- Trains Financial Examiners/Investigators 1, 2, and 3, and support staff.
- Acts as the examiner-in-charge of complex examinations or investigations; makes recommendations for administrative, civil, and criminal actions based on violations of state or federal laws.
- Responds to inquiries and complaints regarding regulation; communicates with the public, public officials, industry representatives, and governmental entities on issues related to industry activity.
- Develops and makes presentations and produces educational and instructional materials for use in training consumers, industry, and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in hiring decisions.
This is the fourth of a four-level professional examiner/investigator class series. Incumbents in this classification supervise the work in the examination or investigation sections of the Securities Bureau under the direction of the Securities Bureau Chief.
Considerable knowledge of general accounting procedures used by financial service providers.
Good knowledge of state and federal financial services laws, rules, standards or guidelines; supervisory practices; computer applications used in accounting or the financial services industry.
Experience interpreting and applying provisions of state and federal financial services laws, rules, standards or guidelines; conducting examinations or investigations of financial service providers.
Experience conducting and directing securities-related examinations and investigations, as well as experience or education in managing, training and overseeing staff and their related work product.
The exam is a rating of your education and experience. You must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination. Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete. To preview the examination, click on __ below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen.
If you wish to take the exam, click the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided.
When updating your online application information, please select:
- Idaho Department of Finance under "Agencies"
- Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise as the city in which you will work under "Cities"
Open for Recruitment: April 2, 2018 - April 30, 2018
Announcement #: 04437049390
Salary Range: $36.00-38.00 -Plus Competitive Benefits!