Idaho Division of Human Resources Program System Specialist - Automated in Boise, Idaho
The Idaho State Tax Commission is seeking a Program System Specialist - Automated to support the General Services Division in the Management Services Department. The incumbent should possess exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills. Applicants who have a mix of solid Accounting, Systems, and Project Management should apply.
The successful candidate should have strong computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite of applications; in-depth experience with Word, Excel, and database query language and/or report builder applications is desired. The successful candidate should have experience with data entry, report building, leading and documenting requirements gathering, developing user acceptance testing, and providing business analysis for system improvements. The successful candidate should also have experience with Financial, Fund & General Ledger, and Tax Accounting, and Accounting Information Systems. Experience providing support to customers for a computer-based application is preferred.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Boise only. If you have previously applied for Program System Specialist - Automated and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this vacancy. Previous scores will not be used.
System Development and Implementation:
- Research and analyze business issues and operational changes. Identify solutions and develop documentation to meet needs of business teams and programs
- Perform complex program analysis - evaluate, recommend and plan actions to create solutions or functions in automated systems
- Facilitate workgroups and business resources to define business needs, coordinate the gathering and reconciliation of detailed business requirements for system development
- Coordinate various organizational and functional unit processes to ensure alignment with process, policy, and automation
- Develop and recommend system operations policies and procedures
- Analyze, interpret, and monitor federal and state regulations/policies for system impact; identify and recommend implementation methods, procedures, and timeframes
- Identify and recommend automated system enhancements, corrections, modifications to an automated system and recommend implementation methods, procedures, and time frames
- Determine and monitor priorities for system enhancements
- Coordinate system interface with other agency information systems
- Participate in the implementation of the data systems statewide
- Project Management of automation components of business initiatives
- Understand multifaceted IT Architecture and Environments and their integration into business unit practices
- Use a systematic approach to process improvement
- Serve as the liaison between users and development staff
- Serve on Rules and Forms committees and coordinate related activity
Documentation, Testing and Training:
- Act as a subject matter expert and coordinate testing activities
- Ensure documentation, testing, and communication of automation initiatives are completed
- Review, provide input to, and approve technical design documents, system requirements, and system test plans
- Document business process work flows across the division and agency, in coordination with project stakeholders, data and technology support teams
- Develop detailed test criteria and conduct/oversee testing
- Identify cases meeting specific test criteria and ensure cases cover all testing criteria; document and analyze test results
- Approve implementation of tested programs; develop procedures for implementation of regulation changes
- Maintain documentation of system function, data elements, reporting requirements, and output
- Develop and oversee maintenance of department user manuals
- Plan and conduct system demonstrations and training; develop training aids and material in consultation with system users and IT staff
- Data Reporting (Building and Running Reports using PL/SQL, COGNOS(IBIS), and other tools)
Good knowledge of accounting/finance theory principles and practices.
Some knowledge of training methods.
Experience: interpreting and applying laws and regulations; analyzing system output data and data integrity; researching, identifying, and independently resolving automated case processing problems; providing technical assistance to the program’s automated system users; translating technical material into easily understandable oral and written communications; using fully integrated accounting software.
The following are preferred, but not required. Having this experience could increase your score:
Experience using the State of Idaho STARS fiscal system and/or Navision software; applying tax laws and administering taxes at the city, county, state or federal level; applying and explaining tax laws and preparing tax returns.
Some knowledge of project management.
*All candidates being considered for employment with the Tax Commission must successfully complete a comprehensive background check, including fingerprinting, before a final job offer will be given. Individuals must be a current tax filer and be in full compliance with their tax obligations to be an employee of the Idaho State Tax Commission.*
Rating of Education and Experience: Respond to the examination questions based on your training and experience directly related to this position. Your resume will be used to validate your responses. You will receive a score based on your answers. You must receive a minimum rating of 49 to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online after the closing date when the review process is complete.
To Preview the Examination: Click on ** below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam, click on the *Apply Online *button to the left and follow the instructions provided.
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select:**
- Idaho State Tax Commission** under “Agencies”
- Full time **under “Job Type/Shift”
- Boise** under “Cities"
When updating your online information, you are encouraged to complete/update all items in the Applicant Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, and Job Type. Without this information, your name may not be referred to the hiring agency.
The Idaho State Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran's preference will be given to qualified candidates
Open for Recruitment: April 17, 2018 - May 1, 2018
Announcement #: 09062068256
Salary Range: $20.66 - 21.69/hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!