Idaho Division of Human Resources Correctional Officer in Boise, Idaho
Have you ever thought about working in Law Enforcement?
Idaho's Department Of Correction is now offering entry level positions as Correctional Officers*.*
The minimum age to apply is 18.
No experience necessary and all training provided and paid for!
There has never been a better time to join us. IDOC is looking for more Difference-Makers! We are modernizing management and updating training to reflect the most recent and nationally accepted thinking on offender management.
Working inside the prison with the incarcerated population of offenders, Correctional Officers carry out the day to day operations of the correctional institution, work daily with offenders and have a great opportunity to make the biggest impact in an offender's life. This is your chance to work for an organization that truly makes a positive difference in individual lives and in our community - transforming lives one person, one family, one community at a time.
The Idaho Department of Correction is the 3rd largest employer in Idaho state government. Approximately 1,500 employees, a majority of them Correctional Officers, are currently building rewarding careers with the department. Correctional Officers develop expertise in everything from security to offender treatment programs. Ample promotional opportunities await; you can go as far as your energy and determination will take you.
The Mission of Idaho Department of Correction is to protect the public, our staff, and those within our custody and supervision through safety, accountability, partnerships and providing opportunities for offender change
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability insurance benefits with premiums atcompetitive rates
- PERSI Retirement
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Optional 401K and Deferred Compensation plans
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits Summary
If you are interested in this position & working in the Boise area, please apply to this announcement. If you have recently applied for Correctional Officer, you must reapply for this opening.
This announcement is for vacancies in the Boise area. To learn more about the facilities or about Idaho in general, click one of the following links:
IDOC LocationsIdaho Department of Correction Idaho
- Willingness to: work unarmed among unrestricted offenders; work in a high-stress, hostile environment; withstand offender harassment, threats, and verbal abuse; deal with violence and break up fights; conduct body searches of offenders and visitors for contraband and weapons; work in confined spaces such as guard towers for entire shift; fire a weapon at an individual if necessary; physically restrain offenders; work in a disciplined, law enforcement environment and carry out orders; work shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- No hearing, sight, or physical limitations that would prevent performance of duties.
- Applicants must meet entrance requirements established by the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Academy for Correction Officers.
- Applicants must be off misdemeanor probation for at least the last 12 months.
- Eligible to own/possess or receive a firearm under the provisions of state or federal law.
- Experience using a personal computer to enter, retrieve and edit information.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicant must successfully pass a background investigation.
Links & Information
- Correctional Officer Duties* &*Video
- Application Steps
- Background Investigation Questionnaire
- Documents required upon interview*:* Proof of High School Diploma or GED, Proof of US Citizenship (issued by a government entity), DD-214 (if applicable), Police Reports & Court Documents (if applicable)
- Training Requirements
- Physical Requirements**
- Preview the Exam
Click the button on the left to Apply Online now. Once you complete the application and pass the required exam you must submit a completed Background Information Questionnaire to move forward in the selection process. Check your email often for updates about your application. You must be at least 21 years old to apply to this announcement.
After you apply:
- You must submit aBackground Investigation Questionnaire to move forward in the selection process. Follow the link to access the questionnaire and read answers to our frequently asked questions.
- Check your email regularly for updates about your application status
When updating your online application information, please add/select:
Department of Correctionunder "Agencies" Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift" Boise under "Cities"
Thank you for your interest in employment with Idaho Department of Correction!
Temporary appointments made from this announcement have the potential to become permanent (classified) at the location of this announcement after serving at least one thousand forty hours (1040) of continuous employment. If you have questions, contact the Department of Correction Human Resources email@example.com or (208) 658-2020.
CHOOSE A CAREER WITH US!
For more information on the Idaho Department of Correction visit*www.idoc.idaho.gov* or follow us at*www.facebook.com/idoc.alert. Clickhere* for State of Idaho Benefits at a Glance.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting career opportunity!
Preview the Correctional Officer Minimum Qualifications Exam
Open for Recruitment: April 2, 2018 - April 30, 2018
Announcement #: 09212089002
Salary Range: $14.48 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!