PNC Commercial Transaction Coordinator II in Boise, Idaho
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101340 Commercial Transact Coord II
Prepares documents to match specifications of credit approval, deal requirements, and policies for complex transactions. May provide client-facing service directly or with senior coordinators and interact with external business partners. May provide on-the-job training or coaching.
Creates and maintains legal document files required for complex transactions. Coordinates with Servicing to onboard and accurately book transactions into accounting system.
Prepares and issues legal documents to client for complex transactions. Reviews client-executed documents for compliance. Prepares requests to release client funds.
Satisfies documentation due diligence for complex transactions. Interacts professionally with internal and external contacts to gather necessary information. Identifies exceptions, escalates when necessary and resolves appropriately.
Prepares and files security documentation for complex transactions required to perfect interest in the collateral.
ID - Boise
Commercial Transaction Coordinator II
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
ID020 - Boise AFG Main
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
ID - Boise
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require an Associates or equivalent degree as well as related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 4+ years of related business or functional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Collaborating - Working Experience
- Knowledge of collaborative techniques and ability to promote a culture of information sharing and working together to solve business problems and meet business goals.
Products and Services - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Extensive Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Operational Functions - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Commercial Transaction Coordinator II within PNC's Equipment Finance organization, you will be based in Boise, Idaho.